• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

small claims apeal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jrheffron

I am from boston,Ma. I started a buisness with 2 other people, under the verbal agreement that we are all equal partners. One partner in charge of web designing, one to handle the business paperwork and I was to handle the sales end of the co. after being in business for three unproductive months, one of the owners decided he would be the only owner and got a business licence in his name only without consulting me and the other owner first. after much debate, the other owner and i decided to leave the company. when i left the co., i took the client list with me which i was solely responsible for creating. Now the owner w/ the lic. is suing me for $2,000. Because all agreements were verbal except for the business lic. what defense do i have? also, are affidavits admisable in small claims? if not, what is the law on the use of affidavits in small claims courts?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">