• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Testing for a substance that you are having allergic reactions to

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

christopherj128

Hello, I am currently in Georgia.

For the past 4-5 months I have been experiencing an allergic reaction to something I think is a chemical of some sort. I have had faculty members check the areas I have been concerned with and they haven't been able to find an obvious source of whats bothering me. It has been persistent in the areas that I frequent at school, like my dormitory. I need to know what steps I would need to take to test for an unknown substance contaminating an area and any considerations I need to take(like chain of custody, ect) to prove there is a problem.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Hello, I am currently in Georgia.

For the past 4-5 months I have been experiencing an allergic reaction to something I think is a chemical of some sort. I have had faculty members check the areas I have been concerned with and they haven't been able to find an obvious source of whats bothering me. It has been persistent in the areas that I frequent at school, like my dormitory. I need to know what steps I would need to take to test for an unknown substance contaminating an area and any considerations I need to take(like chain of custody, ect) to prove there is a problem.
To what end...?

ETA: Did you ever seek psychiatric services?

https://forum.freeadvice.com/civil-litigation-46/need-help-regarding-chemical-substance-i-am-being-exposed-against-my-will-611409.html

Dave1952

It is kind of the various faculty members to help you with this problem. Allergies are treated by Allergists, who are physicians. You may wish to consult an Allergist. Treating your problem may not involve finding the causative agent.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
How to test for an allergen is, however, not a legal question. You should perhaps ask this on a medical board.

Kungpaoshizi

Saying trolling is a mental health issue proves you have a mental health issue. :D

To the OP, have you noticed any excess dust? If not perhaps it's some sort of vapor?

Silverplum

If you're referring to the link you posted, the laws of physics where I'm at prevent me from clicking any links. :)
Leave old threads be, please. You dug up one from 2011, and also called someone in that thread an unpleasant name. Don't start that nonsense here.

ETA: Now I see it's more than one thread, and more than one insult. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">