• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

vehicle damaged at warehouse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dadymattt

i live in texas and i was at a ceramic tile warehouse..with my '85 blazer new paint and dentless there was forklifts driving in yard in front of my truck..i went inside came out and left i went to the store and when i came out i noticed it had been hit hard in the front end and there was orange paint on the bumper...i knew there was orange paint on the forklifts it was past there closing time so i went back the next day ..and they told me they would look into it its been 2 weeks and now they tell me no one knows who did and they wont pay without proof saying i could have hit something over night...with no real proof other than the word of me and the guy who works with me..that the truck was markless before i went there and now its dented pretty bad...can the law help me?

JETX

Yes, the law can help you, but you will have to come up with some way to help yourself first.

The problem that I see is that, other than the same color paint, you have little or no PROOF that the damage was done in their yard by their workers. This will become a "he says, you say" issue, and YOU have the burden of proof.

My suggestion would be to turn it into your insurance company and let them investigate and subrogate if needed. If you don't have insurance, then you will have to come up with some way to substantiate your claim that they did the damage. And yes, your friends testimony might help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">