• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ticket = upped insurance??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bluee

to begin with - i'm in the state of new york.

i got a ticket 21mph over the limit. went to court and voiced concern about getting insurance hiked up. after taking my concern into consideration the ticket was reduced to a 2 pt violation. i can't remember exactly what it was, but was the equivalent of going thru a do not enter sign, or something to that effect (i can look it up if that will help). i asked if this would in any way affect my insurance and i was told that it would not. i don't completely understand because isn't the reduced charge still considered a moving violation? I thought all moving violations were bad and the only way to avoid insurance increases would be to get reduced to a non-moving.

Can anyone give me any insight into:
1) will the specific charge i got up my insurance??
2) exactly how this moving vs non-moving system works??

i hope that the cop was right, and my insurance will not be increased for reasons i fail to understand.

all feedback much appreciated!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">