• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

small claims court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Z

zurn07

i live in minnesota,recently i refinaced my house thru a new mortage co.i recieved a letter from my old mort.co.stating that i may be due a refund from my escrow account and if so i would ecieve a check in approx 20 days. i recieved a check for 1174.34 i held on to the check for about 2 months and put in my checking acc to pay a dental bill which i did,2 weeks later i recieved the check back from the bank and the mort co stopped payment, i called and they said it was a mistake and i should have never gotten the check so they stopped payment and admitted they did not notify me should i be entitled to this money or can they legally do that without notifying me--i had no reason to believe i wasnt due back money.

W

world library

hmmm

Hi,
First I am not a lawyer!

We also refinaced our home and got a check back from our escrow account. Which we deposited the next day. Then spent!

Within two months we received a letter from our new mortgage
company saying there was not enough money in the escrow account for taxes, and home owners insurance.

Our house payment increased to cover it.

In your closing papers it should state where all the money went. (Or should of gone)

If your escrow $$$ was used to cover taxes\home owners ect
then I would guess you are not intitled to the money. Some one, perhaps the closing agent messed up.

It is a shame that they did not discover or notify you in time. 2 months?

I would do a little research though and find out where the money went.

W.L.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">