• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Sold used car now being sued.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jenarij

I sold a car in MA (1987 merc sable for $900)and it failed inspection because of break and rust problems. However he got the car inspected 10 days after the sale rather than seven days, but he did not receive the title until 4 days after the sale (which was agreed upon before the sale due to loss of title.
After failing inspection he accidently drove with the emergency brake on and caused serious damage to the brake system.
Does he have a case even though he had the car inspected after his 7 days were up and also destroyed the brakes?

TCB4U2B2B

In My Professional Opinion

Hello jenarij

You stated AFTER failing the break inspection the buyer caused further damage to the breaking system and parts by driving with the parking brake applied. That could be the buyers second HUGE mistake.

The first HUGE mistake was not having the vehicle inspected by his/her own personal mechanic, prior to the sale. Second mistake was the driving with the parking brake applied.

This character sounds like a person whom shouldn't even be driving at all...:D

The rule here, for buying a used vehicle, is simply stated in 2 words....BUYER BEWARE! Rest easy, your in the clear as best as I can tell based soely upon the information you have posted.

Case Closed.
Courts Adjourned.

G

brakes

you may be in for a surprise brakes are part of a saftey check. i would of not took vechile at all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">