• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

incorrect info on speeding ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sasha1

i recently received a speeding ticket for going 55 in a 40 mph zone in san antonio, texas. i had just rented the car the evening before due to some repairs on my vehicle. I tried to explain to the officer i did not realize i was traveling 55 mph as he explained. the officer asked if the speedometer worked. i responded yes. i asked the officer to let me see his radar. the radar reads i was going 54 mph. the officer stated i was going 55 and wrote the ticket for 55. should i go to court or just pay the ticket? what are the chances of getting off due to the inaccuracy of the officer?

racer72

You are lucky he showed your the radar. The officer did not have to do that. The fine is the same for 55 or 54. The odds of getting the citation dismissed? 0.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">