• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Old debt collection?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

world library

Live in Florida.
I do subcontract work and a company I did work for in 1998
has just called demanding $321.00. Each week the company would deduct any supplies purchased from them from my paycheck.

I no longer do any work for them as I have a new job.
I still buy supplies from them and pay my account every two weeks...... but never have they mentioned any past money being owed.

At this time..."according to their records" the above amount was never deducted.

Is there a time limit?
I cannot even begin to understand their printout...

Just wondering what recourse I have as I do not think I owe them any money.

Hope some one has the time and willingness to reply.

World Library

JETX

Assuming that this was an 'open account' for supplies, the FL statute of limitations is 4 years and should still be valid.

I would certainly ask them to confirm their invoices and to provide full, understandable details. Once this is done, if the billing is correct, it sounds like you might need to negotiate a payment with them.

W

world library

Thank you

Thank you for your very fast responce.

I have no problem paying if I actually do owe the money...it is the aggravation of going through records searching dates and payments.

The book keeper (still very rude) offered nothing less than unreadable gobbelde gook.

The owner in reviewing our account ....not much as it is only a little over ten thousand a year, but current, seems to be willing make ajustments for 1998. Actually I don't think he understands the print out either.

Four years is a long time, so I think I will look into closing the account and reopening a new one under a different name and license #.

Thank you again.

World Library

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">