• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How would I know if what they offer is OK

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Newyorkera

My insurance is offering me a sum of money (to get rid of me) my doctor says.
How would I know that the sum they offer me is what I am supposed to get for my disability?

I am partially disable, cannot do anything of what I use to do for a living.

I was offered first $20.000 down and about $250.00 a week for 5 to 7 years
Then $30.000 and the same a week.
Then $50.000 and about the same.
Now they offer me $80.000 down and the same deal.
In total would be $200.000
It may sound good, but when one does not have investing background is not as good. I was making $33.540 a year, loading & unloading trucks.
Is that a fair amount for a 40 years old male ($200.000)

N

NYSLaw

Comp

I don't know the extent of your injuries. I guess the real important question would have to be, who was at fault resulting in the injury? Was it negligence on your employers part? If it was, you have a personal injury case in adittion to your compensation case.
Lets look at some figures:

6 years times $33,540.00, equals $201,000.
6 years times per week $250.00, equals $ 15,000.
and $200,000.00, up front?
That averages around $416,000.00 in 6 years.
Not bad, again I don't know the extent of your injuries.
This is my opinion, ask for $500.00 per week for life and call it even. Then apply for Social Security Disabilty. Depending on how many years you've worked you may get more then you bargain for.
Again that's my opinion....
[email protected]
Good Luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">