• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workmans comp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PattyP01

My husband was hurt at work. He had knee surgery and i need
to know how the compensation works. He had been off work for now 2 1/2 weeks. When does comp pay start? Who should notify the comp insurace. We live in Indiana. The employer is no help at all.

N

NYSLaw

Render services from a Compensation Lawyer, they do not charge for services until the final compensation hearing is closed. They then recived their pay from your award.
His employers should have submitted the proper paper work to the comp board.
Also have your husband seek physical therapy from an MD.
Remember this, all medical expenses, travel expenses to and from Doctors Office's and/or Hospitals will be returned to you by your insurance carrier or compensaton board. You must keep all written appointments, receipts, mileage, dates of visits and toll payment receipts.
Click on this website for more information and Good Luck.

http://www.in.gov/wkcomp/

[email protected]

B

bobo1369

I AM IN TEXAS AND AM OFF WITH A KNEE INJURY AS WELL. AS YOU STATED, THE EMPLOYER WAS OF VERY LITTLE HELP. OUR WORKER'S COMP. OFFICE OBUDSMAN WAS THE BEST OF HELP AS WAS MY DOCTOR'S SECRETARY. THE COMPANY DOCTOR WAS OF NO HELP AND I INFORMED MY EMPLOYER ABOUT THIS. FRIENDS WITH PAST INJURIES HAVE ALSO HELPED. MY WEEKLY PAYMENTS STARTED ABOUT THREE WEEKS BUT THEY WENT BACK TO THE DAY THE DOCTOR TOOK ME OFF WORK MINUS A SEVEN DAY WAITING PERIOD. I WILL USE THE HELP OF THE OBUDSMAN AT WORKER'S COMP. AGAIN IF AND WHEN I RECIEVE A SETTLEMENT. I HAVE DONE ALL THIS WITHOUT THE HELP OF A LAWYER. I FIND I HAVE NOT NEEDED ONE AS OF YET AND WILL TURN TO ONE ONLY AS A LAST RESORT. THE INSURANCE CASE WORKER HAS BEEN REAL KIND AS WELL.

N

NYSLaw

10 Reason's Bobo1369

It's good to know Bobo1369 you've got this far, but ask yourself another question. How much more would you have benefit from compensation with all the knowledge and experience from an Attorney?
1. Did you save all your receipts for travel expenese to and from the Doctor's Office and Hospitals?
2. Did you save all your receipts for medical expenses from prescription medications and other medical related items?
3. Did you save all your receipts from your tolls if any?
4. Did you log all your travel mileage to and from Doctor's Office and Hospitals?
5. Does the compensation amount your receiving balances out to the extent of your injuries?
6. Did you know Income benefits replace a portion of any wages a worker loses because of a work-related injury on the job in Texas?
7. Did you know Average weekly wage is the average amount earned for each of the 13 weeks immediately before the injury. Income benefit payments are based on the worker's average weekly wage?
8. Did you know Medical benefits pay for the medical care to treat a work-related injury or illness. The employer's workers' compensation insurance company pays medical benefits directly to the doctor or health care provider who treated the injured worker?
9. Did you know There are four types of income benefits temporary income benefits, impairment income benefits,
supplemental income benefits and lifetime income benefits?
10. And did you know in Texas, If the worker earned less than $8.50 an hour before the injury, temporary income benefits for the first 26 weeks of payments would equal 75 percent of the difference between the worker's average weekly wage and the wage after the injury?
I didn't think so.
Click here and find out, ~~~~> http://twcc.state.tx.us/

Good Luck.
[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">