• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

liscence suspended in NY, can I get one in NJ or PA?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hi, im 18, and have just recieved my third speeding ticket in 18 months. In newyork that means I will probably have my liscence suspended for 6 months. Is there any way to avoid this? If I do lose my liscence, can I take a road test in New Jersey or Pensylvania? Do you need to be a resident of the state where you apply for a liscence? thanx for any responces - scott, NY

C

cm417

Don't go down the road of getting multiple state licenses. As ex-cop it was always a field day to load up on tickets and possible physical arrest. You cannot have more than 1 license. If any way to go to traffic school do it and get the points erased or maybe the cop won't show up.. Try keeping your record clean now, it will follow you forever..

S

SaddenByLost

Been There, still can not get out

Take it from me, I am 30 yo, Used to speed like a bat out of hell when I was your age. I did not care at the time if I got a ticket. Thank god I was lucky that I had a NYS license and all the speeding tickets where in CT. So I did not receive points, but if I did not pay it, it would be suspended. Either way I still sped, Got caught with a suspended license one time and license was lost. I still do not have it back. This all happen in 1992. If I had a penny for each time I regretted it I would be richer then Bill Gates. I never imagined the HELL I have been through in life just because I do not have a LICENSE. For example you can not obtain a Passport by yourself unless you have a License, you can not have a NON-DRIVER ID, you have to have a license.

Even though I do not know you, I would not like to see you go through my situation. I currently need to hire a lawyer to get my license back. I have a post below about my situation.

GOOD LUCK and hope you take my advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">