• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will warrant appear in other states

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dirpetty

I am currently living in Missouri and might possibly have a warrant out for my arrest for bad checks. I am moving to Virginia in a few days. Will my warrants appear in their database if I get pulled over or attempt to get a drivers license or car license?

L

lawrat

call an attorney at http://www.attorneypages.com and have him/her check for you.

M

mziggi

Most likely yes. If the police dept. or court in MO entered the warrant in the National Crime Information Center computer data base then ANY agency in the country that runs your name, drivers license or the plate on a car you own will know of the warrant and arrest you for it. Your best bet is to contact an attorney and make arrangements to clear this up ASAP. Most courts look favorably towards people with minor charges when they come forward and take responsabilty for what they have done.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">