• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

careless driving on dirt bike for senior prank

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

deadbird_6b

I live in Oregon and today was my last day of high school. I was told I could ride my off-road motorcycle in the senior assembly, but upon arrival I was denyed this priveledge. At lunch I decided to ride my dirt bike in the school parking lot and show off to some of my freinds. I pulled a few wheelies and then loaded my bike into the back of my truck. I then looked over to my left to see the school vice principle accompanied by the school officer (yes he is an actual officer and not a rent-a-cop), walking toward me from the far end of the school. The officer wrote me a ticket for careless driving under code 811.135 with a base fine of $175.00. Ouch! Later today one of my schoolmates approached me and stated that his teacher had seen me riding and called the main office. I seriously doubt that the officer actually saw me committing the act. Help!!! It was just a senior prank, which was not solely my doing (you should see all the burnout marks left by the cars at my school). Is there any way I can get this taken care of with an apology to the school, or do I need to explain my case before a judge. What can I do?

racer72

Your school prank is going to cost you some serious moolah. The officer has an eyewitness and unless you find an extremely lenient judge, you will have to pay. The school has no authority to have a citation dismissed. And all the other tire marks mean nothing. You may want to study up on throwing oneself on the mercy of the court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">