• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Immigration & Labor Law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

anchorbug

Hello:
this is an immigration and labor law question. A small marine firm hired me on H1B visa as a skilled worker(i have a master's degree from U.S) with the promise of sponsoring me for my green card(permanent residence). on my labor pettition all along it was shown that the working hours would be 40 hrs/wk. however for the past six years i have been working any thing between 60 to 80 hours a week excluding sat and sundays and on several instants on weekends too. my boss redefined the term 24/7 to 24/7/365. the subtle implied threat was that that my green card process would be in jepordy if i complain. I recently got my green card. my question is "Do I have any recourse to sue my company for back overtime pay?" what kind of docoments do i need to prove that i worked long hours? No written contracts or service conditions were entered into in the first place when i was hired. Do i stand a chance to collect any O.T at all? I would appreciate any help/suggestions from you all.
Anchorbug.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">