• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Confused in Oklahoma

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Alyssn

i bought a used vehicle in april. 3 days after i bought it motor was gone. drove it very little. took it to a mechanic. liquid glass had been poured in the radiator. gave the mechanic a 1000.00. motor for the car would cost 1800-2500. called the place i bought the car. after a month and half, car dealer says, ok come get another car. gave me 500 trade in on car i bought, and i picked up another car. this car is great, now, got a refund for 550.00 from mechanic..check bounced..gave check to car dealer as down payment on new car..now car dealer is trying to repo my car...won't give me the check to go collect the money..called mechanic several times, he keeps saying that he will bring the money...what can i do to keep my car???

TCB4U2B2B

Sad Truth of the Matter

Hello Alyssn

Although some of this matter wasn't all your fault, you did buy a vehicle. About the only option you have, for the time being, is to come up with the money to pay the dealer to cover the bad check. Doing so would prevent further actions against you by the dealer and repossession of the car.

Why the dealer refusses to return a bounded check is most likely they are attempting to redeposit it in the hopes it would clear on other attempts. If not, you'll need to cover the check as stated above.

The $550.00 portion, of the $1000.00 you paid up front, returned to you by the mechanic may be do to the fact that some service was performed. Therefore, $450.00 may be considered the part owed for services rendered.

However, this doesn't mean the refund check should bounce. You'll need to go after the mechanic to have $550.00 portion {Bounced Check} made good if it fails to clear the bank.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">