• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

adoption annulment

• Thread starter Romarico Gonzalez
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Romarico Gonzalez

can an adoption be reverse in the state of iowa? i adopted my ex's kids from a previous relation, we got divorce 8yrs ago when she had an affair and married that other person i had limited visitations with the kids and that was 5yrs of hell. now i had remarried and have no contact or attachments to them other than financial support that i can no longer afford, i have try to keep my obligations according to the divorce decree, iam supporting an entire family across the country that has no use for me other than the money that they can take fom me thru the court system. can any one help.
r.gonzalez

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Sorry. You're stuck with the court order to at least their age of majority. For all intents and purposes, those are your children, and are thus, your financial responsibility.

IAAL

M

micdan83193

i feel that you might have one possiblilty---you may try to speak with your ex-wife regarding the matter--you could gently point out that if her new husband were to die, the children would not be entitled to any assistance through social security--likewise, if something would happen to her, he current husband would have no legal rights to the children, and would face losing them--this is jsut a thought--

MySonsMom

micdan83193 said:
i feel that you might have one possiblilty---you may try to speak with your ex-wife regarding the matter--you could gently point out that if her new husband were to die, the children would not be entitled to any assistance through social security--likewise, if something would happen to her, he current husband would have no legal rights to the children, and would face losing them--this is jsut a thought--
The bio Father has already "lost the children". He gave up his parental rights and the children were adopted. *If* the above would/could happen, the biological Father would have to agree to "adopt" them back.

When you adopt children, you accept FULL responsibility for them as if you were their bio parent. They are not by any means bargaining tools.

He adopted these children, now he has to support these children. Very simple.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">