• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Daughter Wants To Live With Me!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KimmyD

i live in california, my daughter is 16 and lives in washington, her dad has custody and i have no visitation rights. she wants to live with me, what can i do?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

KimmyD said:
i live in california, my daughter is 16 and lives in washington, her dad has custody and i have no visitation rights. she wants to live with me, what can i do?
My response:

As long as there is a suspension or revokation of your visitation and / or parental rights order, that order is paramount and shall be followed, without question, until changed by the court.

If your daughter should, in fact, "find her way" to you, and since you are under a "No Visitation" order, you have a duty to inform the custodial parent and / or the authorities (CPS) of the situation - IMMEDIATELY - or suffer Contempt of Court charges; which means, jail time and / or monetary sanctions against you.

In the meantime, I would merely tell your daughter of the impossibility of the situation until matters change.

Good luck.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">