• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

contingency lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jeannif

I was hurt on my job in Dec. 2000. I have worked 1 week this year Jan 3-10. My doctor took me off work. I recently went to a lawyer to see what could be done, as the company I work for was not paying the bills, or sending me any compensation. This lawyer had me sign papers hiring this law firm to represent me, when I met with one lawyer, he said he would get right on my case and get me some compensation as well as the hospital bills paid. Since that time, I have to call his office at least 2 times to get a response from his assistant. I am defending myself to this assistant and now they want me to get the doctor reports, C-84, etc. They have done nothing to represent me. Can I fire them and not owe them or if I manage to get some justice can they still take 25% as they said they would take from any settlement I received. Is it not a lawyers job to defend his client and not expect the client to do their job of collecting information. What legal recourse do I have??? I don't have lots of money to be buying off lawyers who do nothing????
I am from Urbana, Ohio. I worked at a store that is self-insured I am really getting desperate, the bills are mounting and my medical problems from my accident have not improved. I believe they are getting worse, so time really is important. Can I hire another firm that will represent me?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">