• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

praticing medicine under maiden name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

eyesmd2b

I recently got married and would like to add my husband's name to mine. This would mean that I would have four names, First Middle Last HisLast. Would I have to use all names on all legal documents? I am currently in medical school. Although I am changing my name, I would like to practice medicine in my maiden name. Is it possible to practive under a different name than my legal name? Hypenating is not an option for me, the name would be too long (approxiately 20 letters long). How does that work with medical licenses, degree, etc?
I would truly appreciate any comments that you have. Thank so much in advance for your help.

eyesmd2b in KC, MO

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Yours is not a Family Law issue.

Yours is a medical licensing question, and if I were you, I'd call the medical Board in your State for an opinion.

Good luck.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">