• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

reatiler sold the wrong building material

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

markdeq

State of Wisconsin.

Purchased specialty lumber from retailer
(58 1 inch x 6 inch x 16 foot) boards for $500.oo dollars.
Boards were devilered to loading dock and
I was assisted by store personnel in loading the
boards on my trailer. After arriving home I sanded the
boards and applied a coat of stain. It was then I realized the boards were 14 feet in length and not 16 feet as I had requested and was billed for. Since I need to span a 15 foot length with the boards and cannot splice, the 14 foot boards are of no value to me. Even though the wood has been stained can I demand the boards be replaced with the intended 16 foot.

TCB4U2B2B

In My Professional Opinion

Hello markdeq

Bad News!

You said "the 14 foot boards are of no value to me."

Sorry to tell you this. Neither is posting your question in this forum 'of any value'.

"Lemon Laws" do not apply to any consumer purchased product except new vehicles.

My suggestion would be to repost this question in another more appropriate forum. I doubt you will get another reply of any valve within this topic forum.

In my professional opinion, you should have verified every aspect and measurement of the delivery prior to accepting the shipment. However, that is already water over the bridge...which could be built of wood...:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">