• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

civil

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

roadrunner_sue

Michigan
Effective 01/10/01 I switched my long distance and local toll phone service to Sprint leaving only my basic service with Verizon. Verizon has cont. to bill me with threats of shut off if no pay. I have had discont. many times and have told them i am disputing these bills. I have pd over $700.00 to Verizon and need to know how to get it back. Am I responsible for being provided a service that I had canceled with them (which I have the effct. switch in writing) and the ycont to provide or not?
Thank you

JETX

You say that you switched your "long distance and local toll phone service to Sprint", but left your "basic service with Verizon". I assume by 'basic service' you mean that you left your local dialing service with Verizon.

Couple of questions:
1) Were you under an existing service contract with Verizon??
2) Did you have an agreement that required long distance, local tolls AND local dialup to all be with Verizon??
3) What did Verizon say when you asked them for an explanation of their billing.??

If you didn't ask Verizon for an explanation, that is your first step. After you ask them, come back here with the FULL details.

R

roadrunner_sue

Thank you for responding so quickly. I answer to your questions:

Yes I left local dialing with Verizon. No there has never been a contract for any service with Verizon. They said that Sprint must have forwarded the calls to them to bill which makes no sense and Sprint has said they did not do so. I have a copy of my Jan 2001 bill from Verizon stating that my long distance and local toll call services were switched to Sprint on Jan 10, 2001. I should have been bill approx. $58.00 amonth from Verizon but have paid over $700

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">