• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

College Obligations/Financial Aid- Help Please!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Liza61

i am in ny and the custodial parent of a 17 yr old who should be entering college in sept. my ex and i are supposed to be fully responsible for the childs education with the contributions being pro-rated based on our incomes. 1) my daughter received a substantial amount of financial aid based on her salary and mine. are the contributions that my ex and i are responsible for based on the total cost of education or the balance after financial aid? 2) my ex had initiated registration at this particular college as well as paid her room and board and tuition deposits, yet now claims she can not live there, because he doesn't want to pay the amounts that financial aid won't cover. she is devasted. i am at a loss. i need help fast..please!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">