• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Was served "Motion to Enforce" by X, which forms do I use to respond back?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mother31

I live in the state of Maine. I was served from my X husband a "Motion to Enforce" document that I was failing to obey "rights of contact or visitations with my minor child." Which is not true. I was told by an attorney that I need to send a response to the court, but I'm not sure what forms to complete. Can someone please advise? Thanks for your help in advance!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

When you went to your large bookstore, and looked in their legal section for a book on Family Law, what part of that book that you bought didn't you understand ?

While we can't teach you law, or take you through all of the legal steps you'll need to know, we can answer specific questions that you might have on a particular issue.

IAAL

M

Mother31

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

When you went to your large bookstore, and looked in their legal section for a book on Family Law, what part of that book that you bought didn't you understand ?

While we can't teach you law, or take you through all of the legal steps you'll need to know, we can answer specific questions that you might have on a particular issue.

IAAL
Resonse to IAAL:

I never purchased a book on Family Law. I do however, have various info from a course that I took "The Peoples Law School." I understand what I need to do, however I don't recall the attorney teaching the class discussing topics on filing memorandums.

If I oppose the Motion, I must file with the Court a memorandum and any supporting affidavits or other
documents, no later than 21 days. I've checked some
websites and cannot locate the memorandum form. Is there such a form that I can obtain online?

I apologize, I should have been more clear in my original posting.

Thanks

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Mother31 said:
Resonse to IAAL:

I never purchased a book on Family Law. [/B]
My response:

I know you didn't - - I could tell from your question.
You see, that was my hint to you.

I don't mean to sound didactic (I'm also a law school professor, too), so I'm taking that liberty. When you buy a book on the subject, for your State, all of that information (including examples and samples) will be there.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">