• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Grandparents rights toward grandchildren

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lance37

I'm a single parent living in west virginia. I'm having problems with my two boys and their behavior more to the point their lying. Because of this I refuse to let them go and stay with my parents for the weekend and or a week at a time because of this behavior. My mother threatens me with the court system saying that she will get a lawyer and force me in court to allow her to see the kids. I only take away the weekend and holiday visits as a tool for punishment. Can she take me to court and can she force me to allow the kids to visit? Thank you

G

Grandma B

Not according to the U.S. Supreme Court ruling last year in Troxel v. Granville. They left it up to the parents to decide.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">