• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

traffic violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

Valerie Smith

i was coming out of a pizza hut in florida and wanted to turn left out of the exit. the travel signal which was on my right had turned red and the car in the closest lane had stopped for me. i eased on out but was slightly in the next lane when a car traveling in that lane hit me. the driver of the car was 9 mos. pregnant and as a precaution i call for an ambulance. i was given a traffic ticket and told that it would require a court apperance given the fact that someone was "injured" at the scene a.k.a. she went to the emergency room as a precaution. later that evening the officer at the scene called me and told me that the other driver was fine, and in fact had been arrested, as she was driving on a suspended license and had three outstanding warrants for her arrest. I am headed to court without an attorney and quite frankly am nervous. should i mention to the judge that the other driver was driving on a suspended license? should i consider pleading no-contest or not guilty as the passenger in the car was making comments about an injury (this was stated to me by the officer at the scene) even though the impact was next to nothing and the damage to the vehicles minimal. both the passenger and i have the same automobile insurer...

X

Xjudge

The fact the other driver was not legally driving has no basis for your citation to be dismissed. Just admit a mistake was made and hope you get a lenient judge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">