• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

speeding ticket for CDL in AR

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chata1011

I received a speeding ticket for traveling 18 miles per hr over the limit. The cop that stopped me gave me a ticket and said I would be charged higher because i have a cdl licenses class b. But I wasn't driving a commercial vehicle. I was told i could be charged up to $1800.00. Can he do this????

H

hrt2hrt

I also have a CDL license, and I received a speeding ticket about 2 years ago. I was going 39 in a 25mph zone in my car, not a commercial vehicle. The cop never said anything to me about the difference between a commercial license and a regular operator license. I live in Ohio so I don't really know your laws, but since you were in your own vehicle there shouldn't be any difference. I had to pay a fine of $79.00 and court costs. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">