• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

chasing chase in Kansas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fireangle

As I married my husband I played mediatior in the custudy. They agreed to every other year one has her and the other sees her every other weekend. My stepdaughter's mother says
that I have no rights to claim her on insurance or anything else such as W.I.C. If she is in my household and I am legally married to her father who shares custody with me because of it. Can't I claim her and if not what ARE my rights?

LegalBeagle

fireangle said:
As I married my husband I played mediatior in the custudy. They agreed to every other year one has her and the other sees her every other weekend. My stepdaughter's mother says
that I have no rights to claim her on insurance or anything else such as W.I.C. If she is in my household and I am legally married to her father who shares custody with me because of it. Can't I claim her and if not what ARE my rights?
The father does NOT share custody with you. Legally you have no legal rights at all.

As to claiming.. claim what on insurance? As regards to WIC, I would say no, you can not claim that.

F

fireangle

Sorry......The court thought different. She was neglecting insurance refusing it for my stepdaughter.In Kansas I have household obligations as head of house hold. you had better research placement rights under Social rehabilitaion services. If in the orginal custody paper work it states ''household" then I do have rights. thanks really though for the try.:) But it didn't sound right so I called the judge over my husbands case. He spoke to me and for once I found out the system can work in some ones favor even if they aren't rich and corky but middle class and forgiving. Serriously do some research for Kansas and not just state an Ann Landers point of view!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

Grandma B

for Ann Beagle (or do you prefer Legal Landers?)

All right, does this mean you know nothing about growing wheat either?! I am SOOOOOOO disappointed.

jyoung

I wonder if I could get my judge on the phone, hell, I'd like to have him over for ex parte steaks and beers. And to think Dorothy wanted to leave Kansas.....

F

fireangle

Well when dealling with court appointed custody issuses it's better to ask around instead of calling a srs worker in. Now adays neglect is a bigg issue. I just wanted another opinion instead of having to go to court. If one parent causes problems for the child and parents for spite looks at the judge and explains why she did it (revenge)(false claims of child molestaion) the judge does get involed for the child benifits. The way it got worded was "placed". I messed up explaing the situaton.And the commit about ann was teasing not insulting. Foster rights hit you a little beter than "Stepparent rights" ???Such as taxes? And medical insurance. Those are not completly listed in my school books.Ps. The reason the judge talks to people is he's about families pulling through hardships. If you can't talk to your judge you'll eventually find one who is concerened enough to.(small county helps)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">