• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lemon Law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

compy

illinios--we purchased a 2000 chevy venture, still under bumper to bumper warranty.we have had it only 4 months it has been towed twice and worked on three times,each time it has been"fixed" there are several other things that are wrong but have not been fixed either. my question is here in illinios do we have any laws where since they have worked on it so may times,and still not fixed it, is there any way to force them to take it back, exchange it for different chevy van.please help! thank you!

TCB4U2B2B

Truth Of The Matter

CONGRATULATIONS...FINALLY...:) :) :)
somebody posted a request for help to which "LEMON LAWS" apply...:D

Hello: Compy

I suggest you contact the factory directly and the state automotive agency within your state. Sometimes it does take some initiative by the owner to get the ball rolling.

Points to consider:

In order to qualify under lemon laws, the dealer has to make several repeated attempts to correct the SAME recurring problem and do so in good faith. The vehicle owner must allow the dealer repeated attempts to correct the problem as they see fit.

Remember, this applies to a specific problem or a series of specific problems of which the dealer has tried repeatedly to correct without success. Once or twice does not qualify under the law unless your state law differs.

Most dealers frown on calling the area rep for assistance. It also takes time and patients on your part.

Lemon Laws apply to repairs only. The law does not have provisions to force the company nor the dealer to take back the vehicle, exchange or trade back in the vehicle. They are only forced to correct the recurring problem.

Case Closed.
Courts Adjourned.

S

shortnsweet

Lemon Law reply for Compy

compy said:
illinios--we purchased a 2000 chevy venture, still under bumper to bumper warranty.we have had it only 4 months it has been towed twice and worked on three times,each time it has been"fixed" there are several other things that are wrong but have not been fixed either. my question is here in illinios do we have any laws where since they have worked on it so may times,and still not fixed it, is there any way to force them to take it back, exchange it for different chevy van.please help! thank you!

Hello Compy,
I know exactly how you feel. Me and my husband purchased a 2000 Chevy LS Blazer last June. Needless to say, since then, it has been in the shop 8 times, fixing to be 9 as of today. I am in the process of fighting GM with the Lemon Law. We live in Arkansas, so I am not sure of the law there. I have just gone through the arbitration hearing this past wednesday. The first time is was in the shop was for an oil leak. They ended up replacing all four oil lines. My pinion seal went out at 21,000 miles. The service manager at a Chevrolet dealership informed me that the pinion seals are not supposed to go out anywhere's close to that. It has also been in the shop 5 times for exhaust fumes coming through the a/c vents from outside, my abs brakes are not working properly(which I might add they don't stop my vehicle in an emergency). I was almost hit at an intersection a couple of weeks ago because they didn't stop me. Now it has rattles under the hood and my CD player quit working. They have 3 times to fix a problem and then you send them a certified letter stating that you think your vehicle is covered under the lemon law act. After you send that to them, they are supposed to get your vehicle in for a final attempt to repair your problems. If they don't fix it then you file with the BBB(Better Business Bureau). They will help you set up an arbitration hearing. It takes a while to get them to help, but don't give up. It sounds like you have a lemon just like me. Please feel free to email me. I would like to know how your's turn out. I will find out next week about mine. Hopefully they will buy mine back. If not, I have to do something else. I am not going to quit fighting this, because I feel like this vehicle is a LEMON. Please contact me and let me know.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">