• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Post - Marital Agreement - TX

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BH13

My husband has no concept of debt and has put us in a situation where we have to sell our house to pay off the debt. After I sell the house and pay off our debt, how can I keep from being responsible all of his debt if he gets us into this situation again? Would a post-marital agreement do that or would I have to divorce him to disconnect myself from him financially?
Any advice is appreciated..

LegalBeagle

BH13 said:
My husband has no concept of debt and has put us in a situation where we have to sell our house to pay off the debt. After I sell the house and pay off our debt, how can I keep from being responsible all of his debt if he gets us into this situation again? Would a post-marital agreement do that or would I have to divorce him to disconnect myself from him financially?
Any advice is appreciated..
Legal Seperation or Divorce will help.

B

BH13

Divorce

If I were to divorce him what are the rules or laws on separating debt? What are the chances of me getting out of the marriage with more debt than I can pay? Most of the debt was incurred by him, but he doesn't even understand that we are in a serious state of debt and that if he doesn't stop we are going to lose our cars and house.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">