• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

statue of limitations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tictoc143

What is the statue of limitations to file a small claims in Florida court?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

What kind of case ? Personal injury ? Property damage ? Debt collection ? Assault & Battery ? Contract ? etc., etc., ad nauseum.

IAAL

JETX

IAAL, you misunderstood her question. Let me try to answer her..

The statue of limitations is a large, lifesize sculpture of a lady holding a big bag of limitations, I believe in her left hand. If I remember correctly, it is standing in front of the Florida Supreme Court building. Rumor has it that the bag is full of pregnant and hanging chads that were swept up off the floor in the ballot counting rooms. Supposedly it represents all the 'little voters' who are felt to have had great promise, but ran into a lot of limitations!! Hence the statues name.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

LegalBeagle said:
I can't believe IAAL missed this one.. it is one of his favorite replies to this question..
My response:

Gentlemen, gentlemen . . .

I didn't miss anything. Commenting on and joking about "Statue" versus "Statute" has gotten very old for me, so I decided to overlook our writer's error.

But, I give you both my permission to carry the torch in this regard.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">