• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what can i do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

younglovingfather

Hello i'm 21 years old and living in the state of TX.. I got together with my ex when i was 16 i took care of her and her son since then , then my son was born when i was 18.. We broke up becasue she is very unstable mentaly..(attitude wise) changes moods very often... She lied to the police when i finally decided to leave.. she said that i hit her.. when police arrived i was there waiting... she had no bruises , she wasn't crying there was no signs of abuse .. he went with an officer to the bedroom and talk to him... whrn they came out i was asked to leave ..i said ok .. iwas walking to my car when they asked me to put my hands behind my back, i was told i was being arrested for agravated assult with a deadly weapon... she had told them that i put a knife to her throat.. but there was never a knife,... all they had was a paint scaper the non razor type.. i was taking to jail.. and in the morning was set at 5000.00 bail... called her and she didn't believe i was in jail..after a few calls she came and bailed me out..told me she was sorry that she was trying to scare me so i would stay with her.. also added that she did not press charges.. well after that i decided not to stay with her.. she never signed anything addmitting that i did not harm her or threatend her in any way... time after time she asked me to come back... i said no.. so she told me i would be sorry and filed a restraining order against me... we went to court and all through out it she lied and they awarded her the order... i'm still going to court over the charge which they redused to theroristic threats because there was no evidence.... is there any way to fight it? my lawyer has postponed it for many months and i'm ready to get this over with... they tried to give me a deal to p lea guilty.. but i said no, becasue i haven't done anything, and in the career field i'm in i can't have that on my recored. What can i do? and if i'm found inocent of al charges is there anyway to get the restraning order, and arrest off my record? please help>? Carlos

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">