• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NC guy gets ticket in GA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

NCTicket

i received a traffic ticket for speeding in georgia this weekend. i am a north carolina resident. my mom said that out of state tickets don't cause points to go on your record in north carolina. they are only awarded violations in your home state. is this correct?

S

sassy123

if Ga and NC are reciprocating states then it could wind up on your license. If they aren't you still are not out of the woods yet. Equifax (you know the credit people) could eventually find out and if they do you will still get assessed the points and your insurance will go up anyway. I got 3 speeding tickets here in NC and had a NY license. I eventually got a NC license, i never got points from NC but my insurance agent called me and said that they showed up on a computer anyway. It took 2 yrs for them to catch up and i only had to wait a year or two and they fell off anyway. Just had to bear down and feel the money drain though. Get a consultation or pay for an attorney, you will more than likely get a solicitation from a lawyer in Ga. If one contacts you and he gives you a price to get it cleared use him. It could get reduced and no points. But atleast talk to him and see what he says.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">