• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is there even a point?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dazyce

missouri:

loaned a friend money 500 dollars plus intrest in oct 2000, took out a loan on my vehicle for 650 in case she needed more. it was a 30-day agreement and she broke that, i then had to come up the remaining money. she moved about 2 weeks after that and I now live 30 min away from her. tried to contact her several times. she told me in february pay you when I get my taxes....since then...tried several emails this is my last effort....is there even a point in taking her to court for about 750 dollars? or is just a bad lesson

JETX

Only you can determine 'whether its worth it'. After all it is your money.

If you can show that you gave her the money AND that it was a loan to be repaid, you should win.

However, if she can she that she never recieved any money, or that it was NOT a loan, she could win.

And, lets not forget the fact that, if you get a judgment, you will still have to enforce it.

Summary:
If you can prove that it was a loan, and you think you have a chance of enforcement and the money is important to you, go for it.

JETX

Damn, that will teach me not to try to answer these highly technical issues after 1:00am!!!
Guess the beer made me punchy!! Will try better next time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">