• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My 13 year old cousin needs help!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lelialara

Washington State My 13 year old cousin needs help.... her parents are constantly arguing and they put her in the middle of every argument ... she feels all the problems her parents have are her fault. I am concerned for her well being and I think that all the arguing going on in her family is traumatizing her...this is affecting her in school. The mother is mentally abusing her telling her she is good for nothing and gives her the silent treatment for weeks at a time. What kind of mother is that?? example ... she wants to come to my home for the summer and her mother says if she does she'll divorce her father and it will be all her fault ... after that argument the mother left with the 5 year old son and hasn't come back for about 5 days ... everyone in this household needs help but what can the 13 year old do???

LegalBeagle

lelialara said:
Washington State My 13 year old cousin needs help.... her parents are constantly arguing and they put her in the middle of every argument ... she feels all the problems her parents have are her fault. I am concerned for her well being and I think that all the arguing going on in her family is traumatizing her...this is affecting her in school. The mother is mentally abusing her telling her she is good for nothing and gives her the silent treatment for weeks at a time. What kind of mother is that?? example ... she wants to come to my home for the summer and her mother says if she does she'll divorce her father and it will be all her fault ... after that argument the mother left with the 5 year old son and hasn't come back for about 5 days ... everyone in this household needs help but what can the 13 year old do???
As a first step, she goes to the school counselor or teacher.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">