• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can he make you keep kids from other family members visits

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RKG

oregon. I am trying to find out that if there is a law tha can let my ex tell me who our kids can see or not. I have primary custody, he is non custodiai parent. his aunt and him have had some disagreements so are no longer speaking. because of that he has now asked me to not let her see the kids when i have them, he wants for me to call him if she wants to do anything and ask him his permission first and he will let me know if he feels up to letting her or not. can he really do this? if they are on my time do i or do i not have the right to let what ever family members visit the kids or not? if it wasnt for her our kids would not have had alot of the things they have been able to have including. Medical help form her, and school clothes needed and alot of the high priced toys we could not get them. she has been a large part of there life. please help if you can.

LegalBeagle

RKG said:
oregon. I am trying to find out that if there is a law tha can let my ex tell me who our kids can see or not. I have primary custody, he is non custodiai parent. his aunt and him have had some disagreements so are no longer speaking. because of that he has now asked me to not let her see the kids when i have them, he wants for me to call him if she wants to do anything and ask him his permission first and he will let me know if he feels up to letting her or not. can he really do this? if they are on my time do i or do i not have the right to let what ever family members visit the kids or not? if it wasnt for her our kids would not have had alot of the things they have been able to have including. Medical help form her, and school clothes needed and alot of the high priced toys we could not get them. she has been a large part of there life. please help if you can.
Unless she is a convicted child abuser then you can allow anyone you want to see the children. The main thing the courts are interested in is that the children are safe. He can demand all he wants, will not make any difference.

Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">