• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What next??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

angelbrite

i ws injured on the job in new york state six months ago. ever since i started receiving benefits from the insurance company, the woman there has been threatening me whenever i call to ask a question. ( i called to ask what information she needed me to fill in on one page, but before i could say anything she was telling me i could owe them money and get into trouble if i sue them and i'm lying - all i wanted to due was ask a question)
she has now called for a hearing because she says (to worker's comp) that she is not getting accurate information from my doctor. this is not true as i have copies of all information, as well as doctor's notes from all three of them. she has also cut my benefits in half because of how she "interpreted" something one of my doctors said in a report, even though he called her and sent another report to her to make everything clear( and my primary doctor even stated in his that i was still totally disabled).
my real question is that i have received a letter that they are setting me up to see their "rehabilitation coordinator", who is a RN. i am told by them that this RN will do a report on my status and what she says could mean the insurance company would want to close my case.
i have statements from three doctors (one of them a neurosurgeon) that all say the same thing. (nerve impingement, bulging discs and the start of desiccation of four discs as well as subligmentous protrusions between the vertebrae) can the statement of their RN overrule my doctors?
i may be getting false information, but i am being told that it could because she is being named as their IME.(i thought i would at least get a "real" doctor)

B

buddy2bear

Get a workers' comp. lawyer NOW. Don't worry about paying him. Workers' Comp sets the fee and/or the attorney is paid from any award. Never deal with an insurance company on your own!

M

moverm

the company nurse will probably not try to go against your doctors. Even if she does, the workers comp people will set you up with a doctor that is out of your area for a non biased opinion. If the damage is there, the damage is there and they will not be able to make it not there. Look up workers comp on the net. there is a site that takes you through all the crap. You have to jump through the hoops and do it their way. The site will help you to understand what hoops you will be jumping through and how to go about it. You should not be dealing directly with the people at your office. They do not have the right to see your medical report.
obviously I'm not a lawyer but I have been through the hoops. Good luck and don't get discouraged. It takes time. Each setback that they try to throw at you is just another hoop.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">