• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my lawyer is not doing his job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sunshine1991

i live in south carolina i first saw my lawyer in january to get a divorce i paid the full fee the next day a few days later i signed agreements on division of property, etc. my lawyer is not in his office very often i have yet to go to court i had one court date but he canceled it in south carolina you can get a divorce in 3 months, but i can't get a court date and its been 5 months and i've already paid my lawyer in full. i don't have the money to get a new lawyer. help

Ambr

have you spoken with him at all - not just the phone, try to get there in person. ask him what the delays are. i know that sometimes it could get moved out a little, it is hard to match schedules for two attorneys and a judge. especially if they are popular attorneys.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">