• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

7th grader at 2nd grade level - Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sara222

My husband's 13 year old was recently tested by a learning center as having the reading skills of 2nd grade. We have offered to pay the tuition for this school and the public school has offered summer classes. Now, his 8 year old has been recommended for summer school. Their custodial mother in Kansas refuses to take them or let them attend. Does the mother have the right to make decisions about their education because they live with her? Would a judge find this serious, maybe neglectful?

butterbear86

You probably need to check the divorce papers. I know my husbands papers say that he & his ex wife are supposed to make decisions equally on the matter of their education. If you both feel strongley about it, you may need to contact the courts. To me, it sounds like something needs to be done right now. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">