• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

civil liability of soon to be ex- spouse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

awhite

In the state of fla. can a wife currently going through a divorce sued her spouse for giving her an s.t.d. (recently diagnosed) when he denies any infediltiy through out the marriage. (s.t.d. not the cause of the divorce)

G

Grandma B

awhite said:
In the state of fla. can a wife currently going through a divorce sued her spouse for giving her an s.t.d. (recently diagnosed) when he denies any infediltiy through out the marriage. (s.t.d. not the cause of the divorce)
Might depend on whether the wife also denies any infidelity (truthfully) throughout the marriage.

Seriously, I don't think it'd fly.

A

awhite

to Grandma B: Thanks for your input and I know you have an interest in family law but, I need answers from someone who knows law.
I know (for sure!) there is case law where a wife sued and won against her husband for giving her an s.t.d. and not informing her that he had it. I want to know if this law applies in Florida!

A

awhite

To grandma B:I guess some heads are a little further up somewhere other than the clouds.
Note with interest your question/statement is moot the point of interest is when he contracted the s.t.d. and his responsibility to inform his partner/wife!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">