• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1st time arrested

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

maze4200

Im in Fl i was arrested for Trespass-other than str/cov
and Resisting officer without violence. i spent 10 hours in jail and go to court next month.what kind of sentence will i recieve.also the resisting arrest was due to intoxication i fell down on the ground.other than that i was not a problem can anyone help me with this. i have no criminal record and would prefer to get this expunged if at all possible. thank you

H

hgrego115

I am a retired Florida Police Officer:

First of all, Trespass on property other then a structure or conveyance Florida State Statute 810.09 is a Misdemeanor of the first degree.

Resist officer without violence Florida State Statute 843.02 is a Misdemeanor of the first degree.

Both offenses are punishable by a maximum term of imprisonment not to exceed 1 year.

Keep in mind that these are maximum sentences. The Judge has the authority to impose a lesser depending on the circumstances of the crime. Also, a lot of times the State Attorney's office and your attorney may work out a plea deal before going in front of the Judge. This deal may include a sentence recommendation that both sides agree to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">