• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

step mom is crazy

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

voodoodoll

my boyfriends stepmother is insane. She talks to cats and dogs. Also chocolate cake and plants. Her family has all been diagnosed with a form of mental illnesses. Her mother was commited before she died. His stepmom has been diagnosed herself and refuses to seek therapy or take medication because she believes that everyone is trying to kill her. She stays in one room and never leaves except to make peoples lives hell. She is sixty years old and trys to tell people that she is twenty, she is positive that I am trying to sleep with my boyfriends father and that my daughter is really the devil. I am nine months pregnant and I fear that everybodys lives are in danger in this house. She has displayed violence towards my daughter and me. Is there any legal action that we can take to place her in a home for the unstable? I live in texas.

LegalBeagle

voodoodoll said:
my boyfriends stepmother is insane. She talks to cats and dogs. Also chocolate cake and plants. Her family has all been diagnosed with a form of mental illnesses. Her mother was commited before she died. His stepmom has been diagnosed herself and refuses to seek therapy or take medication because she believes that everyone is trying to kill her. She stays in one room and never leaves except to make peoples lives hell. She is sixty years old and trys to tell people that she is twenty, she is positive that I am trying to sleep with my boyfriends father and that my daughter is really the devil. I am nine months pregnant and I fear that everybodys lives are in danger in this house. She has displayed violence towards my daughter and me. Is there any legal action that we can take to place her in a home for the unstable? I live in texas.
Why don't you just move?

JETX

Without an objective professional evaluation, anyone can be perceived to be insane.

In fact, a normal person might believe that anyone with one child and almost a second, and chooses to use the nickname 'voodoodoll' might be insane.

In answer though, as long as she is an adult and without potential to harm herself or others, she cannot involuntarily be 'put away' without a trial and court order.

V

voodoodoll

We would like to leave as soon as we possibly can, but we can not take his father with us. That was the agree meet with us moving in here. We would help take care of his father who is disabled. No one has the money for a senior citizens home and he would rather live out the rest of his life in the house that he raised his kids in. When we moved in we did not know how she was but we found out quickly. When my boyfriends father married her my boyfriend was living on his own and so he never had any contact with her. When he did visit she was the nice to him and me when I started to visit. So we where not prepared for this.

To the second reply:

I do know that anyone can be diagnosed as insane by an evaluation.
Also my choice for a screen name reflects nothing on me as a person. It is just a name to ensure some privacy. I do not believe that somebody would find a person insane because she has two kids. If that is the case that nine out of ten families are insane becasue they have more than one child.

But to the subject at hand. SHe has shown potential to cause physical harm to people. I have threatened to call the cops on her if she touches my daughter again. As I said she believes that my daughter is the devil and how I came to that conclusion is when I found her holding my daughter down on the ground and allowing her cats to scratch her. She had offered to watch my daughter while i dropped some food of at my grandmothers house, which her house is next to ours, I said sure and went over there. I guess she expected me to be gone for a while because when I got back I heared my daughter screaming and I walked in on her with my daughter. when I got my daughter she told me that my child is not human and should be killed because she is the portal to hell. I have told our family about this and my inlaws kids have told me stories similar to mine. No one trusts her to be alone with anybody and she does not understand why. She acts like these things have never happened and that everybody is out to get her. She talks about the payback that we all will have on judgement day and she will be there to help god punish us. She is suicidal and admitts that she would like to kill herself so that she can punish us from a spirit form rather than a human form. His father has said that he did not know that she was like this when he married her. He said she started to act strangly about a year ago and it got worse when he told her that we where going to move in here. We have been here for less than three months and his father had asked me to see if there was anything that could be done. if you have anymore advice i would like to hear it. thanks.

JETX

Okay, if true, your reply does indicate that there is a potential for harm, either to herself or to others. And it certainly sounds like the danger is there for your children. (One question I have to ask is what type of person would knowingly LEAVE her children in that environment, but that is another issue for later).

Contact your county mental health professionals. And if they are not willing to handle this, then you will need to contact your police department and file a 'child endangerment' complaint (note, you will also be investigated, but the most important thing is to protect the children). You need to do whatever is necessary to do that.
And finally, if all else fails, you will need to contact the district attorney to see about a nonvoluntary committal. A judge will hear your issues and possibly order an evaluation to be done.

Do not sit by and let this continue. As the parent, you need to protect your kids from this potentially harmful environment.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Sounds to me like the older woman is a candidate for one of my patented, trademark, and copyrighted, "Round-Trip" and "One-Way" ticket excursions ! This time, to the Himalayas, without a snow jacket (but, perhaps, a "straight-jacket"). Just tell her you'd like to take her for a "visit to Heaven" - - and LEAVE HER THERE !

IAAL

V

voodoodoll

to the response from halket:

i did not leave my daughter with her knowing how she is. I had been living here for two days and she asked me to run some food over to her mother in laws house. I did not know this lady but I agreed because it would be a way to get to know her. I did not know that I had left my daughter in harm. I am a better parent than that. My children are my life and I would gladly die before they come to harm.

Everyone believes that she is crazy and knows that the stories are true, but I do not know if we can prove it. Could letters be used as proof of how she really is? I have some letters that i found that tells about how much she hates my daughter and wishes that she would die and the things that she would like to do to everybody around her. Thank you for the advice. We will take the steps to see if anything happens I appreciate it.

To I AM ALWAYS LIABLE:
your idea would be a lot easier to handel than everything else that has came our way. Thanks for a little humor on a dark subject!!!

R

REParker819

You have only lived there for 2 days, and you already think she is crazy? If your b/f's father has such a problem with her, there is this thing called divorce. You can move out and he can go with you. All of you are supposedly adults.

T

thestepmom

You left your baby with a lady you only knew for 2 days? Sorry, that sounds kinda crazy to me. But maybe Im over protective? I still have problems leaving my child with my mom, and she is awsome!
Take it for what its worth.

V

voodoodoll

i had known the woman longer than two day before I left my daughter with her. I have been with my boyfriend for over a year and had meet her a few times before we moved in. It was not like she was a complete stranger and i just dumped my daughter with her. My boyfriends father won't divorce her because he has lost his first wife and is too scared to face life alone. He raised four kids in the house we are living in and would rather die than leave. We respect that.

Yes i had lived here for two days and believe that she is crazy. She has been in this family for eight years and all the relatives that I talk to tell me that when they first meet her, they knew that something was not right about her and as the years have passed they believe that she is crazy. I made the mistake of trusting her. I thought that she was a nice person at first. but i was worng.

E

EPS421

This woman obviously needs medical attention. Normal people don't act this way and if you could get her husband to convince her to see a doctor, perhaps your life would stop being a living hell.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">