• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Refusal to Repair

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

karank

Nebraska -- I hired a man to do some repair work on my house. The invoice he gave me was from a company he was not working for at the time, he just crossed out the company info on it. On the invoice he marked a box stating that there was a 3 yr. warranty on the workmanship. I now need him to come fix what he has already done and can't get him to return my calls. On several occasions he has stated he would be over in a certain number of days, but he does not call nor does he show. It seems to me that he is failing to live up the warranty I was given. Can I sue him in small claims court to recover the original $$ paid to him?

JETX

No.

However, you can sue him for the cost that you incur in getting the warranty work done by someone else. Lets say he did $1500 worth of work and the warranty work will only cost $100. You can sue for the $100, since you will now be 'whole' with the paid value of work.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">