• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Transportation reimbursment for school communte

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kcconnected

I live in the LA area. My ex-husband and I share joint legal and physical custody (50%) of our 9 year old daughter. In our court ordered agreement. We must agree on matters of health, treatment, schooling, etc. Two years ago I remarried and one yearago my husband and I moved from Los Angeles to the Long Beach area. Prior to this move my daughter attended school right across the street from where we lived and about 2 miles from where my ex-husbanc still lives. Since the move my husband and I drive 30 miles to and from the school where my daughter still attends. My husband and I do not particularly like this school and we would like her to go to school closer, but my ex-husband loves this school because it is so convient for him. We are beset with the problem of going to court to argue a change of school, however, our current school district is even poorer than the one our daughter is in now and we would have to pay for private school. This is another issue with my ex-husband. So we are now weighing the choice of either going for a change of schools or having my ex-husband reimburse me for the 200+ dollars a month I spend driving my daughter to the school of his choice, not a mutual agreed choice.

LegalBeagle

kcconnected said:
I live in the LA area. My ex-husband and I share joint legal and physical custody (50%) of our 9 year old daughter. In our court ordered agreement. We must agree on matters of health, treatment, schooling, etc. Two years ago I remarried and one yearago my husband and I moved from Los Angeles to the Long Beach area. Prior to this move my daughter attended school right across the street from where we lived and about 2 miles from where my ex-husbanc still lives. Since the move my husband and I drive 30 miles to and from the school where my daughter still attends. My husband and I do not particularly like this school and we would like her to go to school closer, but my ex-husband loves this school because it is so convient for him. We are beset with the problem of going to court to argue a change of school, however, our current school district is even poorer than the one our daughter is in now and we would have to pay for private school. This is another issue with my ex-husband. So we are now weighing the choice of either going for a change of schools or having my ex-husband reimburse me for the 200+ dollars a month I spend driving my daughter to the school of his choice, not a mutual agreed choice.
If the new school is worse, then you have no chance to prove it will be in the best interest of the child. Since you moved, then again, you have no chance to force him to pay for your travel expenses. Since private school is even more expensive than the travel...

I am surprised that you think he should pay when you are the ones that moved.. and equally surprised you want to move the child to a poorer school for your own convience.

Am I missing something?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">