• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Emancipation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

whiterabbit013

I receive child support from my ex in New Jersey, and I live in New York. He says my daughter is emancipated as of her 18th birthday. I thought is was her 2lst birthday. He is taking me to court in New jersey, but I would like to know who is correct. She still lives with me and I claim her on my taxes. She works full time and intends on returning to college in the fall. Thank you for your cooperation. Alice

LegalBeagle

whiterabbit013 said:
I receive child support from my ex in New Jersey, and I live in New York. He says my daughter is emancipated as of her 18th birthday. I thought is was her 2lst birthday. He is taking me to court in New jersey, but I would like to know who is correct. She still lives with me and I claim her on my taxes. She works full time and intends on returning to college in the fall. Thank you for your cooperation. Alice
The child is in NY, but he is filing in NJ.. Which state gave the original court order?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">