• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

sexual battery false accusation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ariadna

Hello ,

I'm in the State of Florida . My fiancee has been falsely accused of molesting his own son by his exwife right after he filed for divorce . She is doing this in revenge for him trying to get a divorce from her . They have been separated for 4 years , she lives in Michigan , he lives in Florida . She brought the kid to Florida in 99 to spend the summer with his dad . So now 2 years later , right after he filed for divorce she is accusing him of molesting his son in the summer of 99 . He has been in jail for 3 months now , we hired a lawyer and he keps promising us that the state attorney has no evidence whatsoever and the case will be dropped , but he is still in jail , every week his court date gets cancelled and he has not been to court yet nor does he have a bond . MY QUESTION IS : WHAT IS THE TIMEFRAME THAT THE STATE ATTORNEY HAS TO FILE THE CASE AGAINST HIM OR DROP THE CASE , CAN THEY KEEP HOLDING HIM IF NO CASE HAS BEEN FILED ? we feel our lawyer is giving us the runaround but i do not know what the process is for this type of cases . Thank you for all you rhelp , is greatly appreciated ,

Yolanda

H

hgrego115

Every offender has the right to speedy trial. The law states that the person must be brought to trial within 180 days of arrest so something must be filed in court by the State Attorney's office with the 180 day time frame.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">