• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

work injury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

billythekid525

i have a worker's compensation case in progress and it is take to long i was just wanting to know if there is any thing i can do to speed it up.also there was one other thing i want to know am i responable for my superior not filling out an accident form at the time on my injury i hurt my back at work and i went to the doctor the very same day i was put off from work for a week. this was in june of 2000 then in dec. 2000 i was put back off from work i had to have back surgery and i have been out of work for about 6 months i filled out worker's compensation in dec 2000. and still i have not recieve any worker's compensation what should i do.

thank you
Brent

N

NYSLaw

WC

Your employer should have submitted the proper paper work to the compensation board.
You must seek services from a Compensation Lawyer, Physiatrist, MD. And services from a Chiropractor, PC. These professionals would receive their pay through the compensation board or state insurance carrier once your case has been established.

When visiting Doctor's, Hospitals or Medical appointments in relations to the injury, save all receipts, CO-payments, tolls, medication and anything relate to the injury. You will be expected to produce your Medical and Travel Expenses during one of your Compensation hearings or you can submit this information to your Lawyer (if you have one), or to the Insurance Fund Carrier handling you case.

You should receive a " Notice Of Decision " upon completion of all your compensation hearing. In one of those notices there should be a section that reads the amount of disability, modification of prior award, temporary disability, partial disability, all the numbered figures and a section that should read," Medical treatment and care, as necessary, for the established sites of injury and/or condition is authorized."
If you have this notice then your case has been established and you can render services from the Doctor's mentioned above.
Compensation Attorney's receive 1/3 of your award.
That's not bad when you take under consideration all the work being performed on your behalf, the knowledge and experience that comes with their representation.

Good Luck and Take Care...

[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">