• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Small Claims Court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CEGenia

my children worked at a daycare in florida since April 23 and until this day they have only recieved cash in the amount of 55.00 and 50.00. there have been promises to pay every since then. as of friday she called the police on us and told them that we are threating and harassing her. how can my 15 & 18 yr. old get their paychecks. she has cause us problems because her not paying has caused my daughter's car payment to get behind and she's trying to ruin our reputation. please help us!!

T

Third Party

Depends

This really depends on how much money they are out. It sounds like it isn't worth going to court over. But if you feel it is, go for it. Sue for the amount and don't forget to include interest and court cost. If it isn't enough for court, set a date and tell the employers that unless they are paid by this reasonable time, you will be filing a case against them. If they are withholding money, that may scare them into doing the right thing.

As for as "she's trying to ruin our reputation," defamation is difficult to prove. You can sneak a comment like that in court to try to get some brownie points though.

A$$ Saver aka…
Disclaimer:
I hope this is tidbit of fiction is helpful. I am not an attorney. Do not perceive this as legal advice. You should consult an attorney to answer your questions. Do not rely on this advice. Forget you ever read it. You are not a client. I am not an attorney. This is merely babble in the wind. Never use the advice as reasoning in court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">