• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it legal to tapre record traffic stop with the police?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Brian99

State: Michigan

I thought about this, but since the police have an unfair advantage over the regular joeschmo, I thought what would be the harm in doing this? I read stories about how people get pulled over for stupid stuff and the cop makes up some BS logic to why the offender is gulity in many cases which it is false. I wish I wouldve had this to use in a few cases. But is it legal for the civiilan to carry a little tapre recorder and record the conversation between myself and the A-hole cop, or could I get in trouble for this? I want to do this to protect myself, because cops tend to change the story in court to meadnder around the civilliams corrcet logic thus throwing up the momentium of the civilian was trying to make. THanks for the help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">