• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongfully accused!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jlee1775

I live in massachusetts. I was sent a notice saying that I am in violation of driving w/o a license, attaching plates, and driving uninsured. I can prove that it wasn't me because I was working and my boss can vouch for me. Somebody used my info. I think that the state trooper did not do a good job of verifying who was driving. He used my info and the trooper probably let him go. I have to waste my time to go to court and prove my case. I have to gather and call and get proof I was not the one. Can I get a lawyer and get some compensation for my time wasted because the trooper did not do his job right. What kind of compensation can I get and who can I sue also? if any?

JETX

My response is two parts:

1) Your post is about issues of criminal (or traffic) and you made it to the Small Claims (civil law) forum. You need to learn how to put your post in the correct forum.

2) To answer your question... NO. You cannot recover from anyone for the time that you need to defend yourself against a criminal or traffic matter, unless it is a case of malice. And, your post does not indicate that is the case. Anyway, officers are protected against lawsuits that involve the performance of their duties.

Go to court and try to defend yourself. If you win, consider it a good "life experience".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">