• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

have judgement, no reply

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

plushblush

i am in the state of georgia. i sued a company in louisianna. they represented themselves in court in the state of georgia. i won the suit. it has been 45 days and no response or payment from them. i know that i can get monies from their bank account. what can i do to get money without using an attorney.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

plushblush said:
i am in the state of georgia. i sued a company in louisianna. they represented themselves in court in the state of georgia. i won the suit. it has been 45 days and no response or payment from them. i know that i can get monies from their bank account. what can i do to get money without using an attorney.
My response:

Assuming that the company has not filed and served a Notice of Appeal, you'll need to "Domesticate" your Georgia judgment in the State of Louisianna. In other words, you'll need to have the Louisianna courts recognize your Georgia judgment, and you need to do this because the Defendant's assets are in Louisianna.

To do this, you're going to need to buy a book on Small Claims court procedures from your local, and larger, bookstore - - like Barnes & Noble, and find and follow the Chapter on judgments.

Now, that will give you instructions for YOUR State procedures to get the ball rolling; however, you'll also need to find a similar book for Louisianna law, so that you can interface with their procedures for Domestication of the judgment in that State. Perhaps, Barnes & Noble can help you to order such book because I'm sure they have stores even in Louisianna.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">